Information You Provide and How We Use It
GoHealth uses this Site to collect two (2) kinds of information: personally-identifiable information and non-personally-identifiable information.
When You use Our Site and Our Services, You are authorizing the sharing of Your inquiry and Your personally-identifiable information with other businesses that provide Services that match Your inquiry or may provide other valuable services to You. The personally-identifiable information We collect may include but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Demographic information
- Health information
- Other financial information that you may provide
In the case of prospective applicants for employment, the information requested on our registration form includes some or all of the following personal information, but not limited to: name and address including previous addresses, age or date of birth, driver’s license or other personal identification numbers, email address, occupation, employment information including telephone number, educational background and Social Security or similar type of national insurance number.
While You are visiting this Website, Our hosting service will automatically track information that may include but is not limited to:
- IP addresses
- Referral information
- Browser details
- Number of page views
- Number of repeat visits
- Internet Service Provider
- Region or geographic location
While using our Site and Services, you may be prompted to enter personal information and consent to be contacted by GoHealth via mail, email, telephone, automatic telephone dialing system, by artificial/pre-recorded message, or text message. By consenting, You expressly consent to receive phone calls, text messages, and email from GoHealth or our marketing partners regardless of whether You are on any Federal or state DNC (“Do Not Call”) and/or DNE (“Do Not Email”) list or registry. GoHealth does not charge You for sending or receiving text messages.
In most instances, GoHealth will not transfer customer information it collects to third-party marketing partners; however, in some instances, GoHealth does not offer any applicable products in Your state for which You qualify or GoHealth does not have the capacity to properly follow-up with You regarding Your inquiry. In such cases, We may share Your information with limited categories of third-party marketing partners who offer products in Your state and who could better assist You. No additional information collected by any such third party marketing partner will be shared with us nor will we share any of the information we collected with them unless it is necessary to conduct operations, detect security incidents, correct errors that may impact intended system functionality, enable expected internal uses, comply with legal, regulatory, or contractual obligations, or otherwise use Your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which You provided the information.
When you click on a link to any other website, app or location, or visit such website app or location on referral, you may be leaving our website. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these other websites, apps, or locations or their content. The links to third-party websites, apps or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, apps, content or websites.
If You provide Your information and We contact you, or You contact Us, We may keep a record, including but not limited to telephone recordings, email logs, and chat logs, of Your interaction with Us. Other sources from which We may obtain Your information can include automated collection on our Sites, services, products, applications, databases, devices, information systems and networks, cookies, service providers, business partners, data brokers and other third party contacts, publicly available sources, and government sources and records. We do not sell your personal information, but we may share it as described above to third parties to be used for their own commercial purposes that are related to Our services.
- To customize our website: We seek to improve your experience with our website. As a result, We will analyze data We collect about Your website use to customize its service design and delivery.
- To communicate with You: If you request more information about our services, we will contact you using the information you provide us. We may also send You information about services that may be of interest to You, with your prior opt-in consent where required by applicable law.
- To aggregate data: We may anonymize and aggregate data collected through our website and to create statistics that may be used for any purpose, provided that such statistics do not identify any customers or individuals or contain any Personal Information.
- To help You enroll in an insurance plan: We may use Your data to enable and enhance insurance plan comparison, selection, and enrollment.
- To assess qualifications for employment with GoHealth: If your information is collected in response to an employment inquiry: We will use information on your application to assess your qualifications and to contact you as your application is processed during the evaluation process.
Consent to be contacted by phone and email is not a condition of purchase
In the course of using Our Services, You may also provide personal information about other people in Your household, such as their name, date of birth, and gender. This information is only used for the sole purpose of completing Your request.
Data Localization and Consent to Transfer
GoHealth data and information are generally hosted and processed in the United States. However, we and our service providers may store information about users and other individuals in the United States, or we may transfer it to, and store it within, other countries.
- With our partners and third-party service providers, including, for example: (i) vendors who provide software and technology products and services to Us involving and relating to data processing, data analytics, cloud computing, web hosting, marketing and process automation, information and data security and reporting, customer support and experience, employee and job candidate sourcing and hiring, employee training and management, and other enhancements, functionalities, and processing activities to support Our technology, marketing, human resources, finance, customer engagement, sales and other departments and activities; (ii) companies that provide information technology, administrative, operational, telecommunications, operating systems and platforms, software, and other products and services in connection with the operation of Our business; (iii) companies and business partners that perform marketing, advertising, market research, and professional services for Us; (iv) insurance carriers, government health care exchanges, and related entities; and (v) Our affiliate companies. We authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on behalf of GoHealth (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website). We require these service providers by contract to safeguard the privacy and security of personally-identifiable information that they process on Our behalf;
- With law enforcement body of competent jurisdiction, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe in our sole discretion disclosure is necessary: (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation; (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights; or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person; and
Sharing Information to Process Applications
Upon submitting an application for coverage with an insurance company using Our Site, We will disclose any information, including sensitive information such as credit card, bank information, health information, and Social Security Number, to the required parties in order to complete the application process.
Password Management and Retrieval
If You create an account with GoHealth, do not share any account credentials with anyone. GoHealth will never ask You for Your password and You should never provide Your password to anyone who asks. In the event You forget Your password or user information, please visit GoHealth.com to reset Your credentials.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by GoHealth and Our partners, affiliates, or analytics and service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Site, tracking users’ movements around the Site, and to gather demographic information about Our user base. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically-collected log information with other information We collect about You. We do this to improve and market goods and services We offer You, analytics, or Site functionality.
We partner with third parties to either display advertising on Our Website or to manage Our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about Your activities on this Site and other sites in order to provide You advertising based on Your browsing activities and interests. If You wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving You interest-based ads, You may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt You out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
We use a chat feature to assist You with the general use of Our Site or insurance-related questions. If Our chat feature is offline, We will collect Your name and email address so that We may reply to Your request at a later time.
How We Protect and Secure Your Information
The security of Your personal information is important to Us. When You enter sensitive information (such as a credit, health, and financial information) on Our order forms, We encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). If You have any questions about security on Our Website, You can contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request to Change Your Information or Discontinue Use of Your Information
If Your personal information changes and You wish to correct, update, amend, or remove Your personal information, please contact Us. In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Similarly, if personal information was collected with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. We may retain portions or all of Your information as needed to provide You services, comply with Our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce Our agreements.
You may revoke Your consent for Us to contact You at any time. If You no longer wish to receive communications from GoHealth, You may revoke consent by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication You receive, or by emailing Us at or by sending a certified letter to:
222 West Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1750
Chicago, IL 60654
Attn: General Counsel
Your information will not be shared by us with Our affiliated marketing partners once Your consent to contact is revoked. Your revocation of consent to be contacted by GoHealth does not extend to communications from other parties, including Our affiliated marketing partners.
- Access Your information and the categories of information collected and shared with third parties
- Correct inaccurate personal information about them
- Delete their personal information
- Opt out of certain processing or restrict a business’s ability to process personal information
- Receive or transmit their personal information in a common file format
- Opt out of sales of their personal information to third parties
- Opt in/out of processing sensitive data use, and
- Opt out of automated decision making based solely on an automated process without human input.
Some of these rights are contingent upon Our needs as a company to conduct operations, detect security incidents, correct errors that may impact intended system functionality, enable expected internal uses, comply with legal, regulatory, or contractual obligations, or otherwise use Your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which You provided the information.
While GoHealth does not sell your personal information, you can nonetheless make a formal request to delete your personal information held by GoHealth.
You may exercise the rights set forth above by submitting your request to email@example.com or by sending Your request, including Your full name, email address, and postal address to:
222 West Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1750
Chicago, IL 60654
Attn: General Counsel
You may “opt-out” of any communication from GoHealth at any time. Use the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email You receive from GoHealth.com, and We will remove You from Our mailing list. In addition, You may contact Us at the address above and request to be removed from Our mailing list.
Occasionally, GoHealth will partner with a third party who may provide additional relevant email advertisements to Our consumer’s requests.
Unsubscribing from communications from GoHealth does not guarantee that You will no longer receive communications from Our third party partners; You must contact that third party directly.Be advised that We cannot control the policies of Our third party partners, nor can We guarantee or represent their compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act or any other state or federal law.
Links to Other Websites
Social Media Features and Widgets
GoHealth Blog Entries
Any personally-identifiable information You submit in Our blog comments or forum can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send You unsolicited messages from third parties independent of GoHealth. We are not responsible for the personally-identifiable information You choose to submit in blog comments or forums. You can request removal of Your personal information from Our blog or community forum by contacting Us by using one of the methods above. Alternatively, if You used a third-party application to post such information, You can remove it, by either logging into the said application and removing the information or by contacting the appropriate third-party application.
Information From Minors
GoHealth does not knowingly solicit or collect information from anyone under the age of 18.
Changes to This Policy